Avocado has got the world bonkers, literally. There ought to be something great that people across the globe can’t get enough of it. Its creamy and rich texture, vitamin heavy nutrient composition (it’s loaded with Vitamin A, C & E) and other benefits have a found place not just on your plate but also on your hair and skin, and that’s why it has been Approved By You aka the global beauty community.
Here’s why the community approves of Avocado:
1. Moistens and softens skin: Doesn’t matter if you add avocado to your diet or if you apply it on your skin as a part of a DIY face mask, it is helpful in providing fatty acids that will bestow you with that supple & soft skin.
2. Minimizes inflammation: People with acne-prone skin condition tend to hesitate to apply anything oily on their skin, but contrary to popular beliefs, applying avocado oil on anything- right from acne to eczema works wonders on the skin because of its anti-inflammatory properties. Oils like that of avocado, that are rich in healthy fats actually help with unclogging the pores & thereby reducing acne.
3. Promotes total collagen content: Avocado aids in decreasing the pathways of free radicals that break down the collagen in your skin & inhibit further production in your body. It contains Omega-3 fatty acids that boost collagen & Vitamin E to help fight free radicals thereby preserving a smooth & glowing complexion. This makes it a great ingredient to prevents those early fine lines and loss of firmness. No wonder so many under eye creams are loaded with avocado.
4. Helps skin maintain hydration: Be ready drench your skin with a dose of heavy hydration & moisture! Avocado especially avocado oil (it comes from the huge avocado seed) acts an emollient and has occlusive properties that help in softening the skin and simultaneously trapping emollients & humectants onto your skin
5. Promotes healthy hair and nails: Consider avocado as your daily pill of multivitamins. They are biotin-rich which means hello lustrous hair and healthy nails. Not only that, Vitamins B and E can protect your tresses from any further dryness and damage, control hair loss and repair existing scalp damage. Honestly, is there anything more could you ask for?
How is the community using Avocado:
1. Masking with Avocado: You can use a replenishing avocado DIY face mask to moisturise your skin from within & inject life into your dull skin. Just scoop out avocado, add a tablespoon of honey and mash it into a paste with the help of a spoon. Apply this paste on your skin & let it sit for around 15-20 mins. Rinse it off with cold water & apply it at least 3 times a week for best result.
2. Combine it with Coconut Oil: To attain a smooth & glossy mane to show off, use a fork & mash avocado into the bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil & mix them well. While the avocado will help condition & hydrate the roots of your hair, coconut oil absorbs quickly into the hair & shields it from the external environmental damage. You can adjust the consistency of the mask of adding more coconut oil and start applying it from the tips of the hair & work your way up to the scalp.
3. The community also swears by these avocado rich skincare and haircare products:
Glow Recipe Avocado Melt Retinol Eye Sleeping Mask
Avocado is such a simple yet versatile ingredient- it supports your skin from the inside out & the outside in. Do share with us your experience of using the avocado hacks and products recommended by the community.
How do you use Avocado as part of your beauty routine? Do Share any recommendations for DIYs or products with yoghurt with the global beauty community in the comments below.
Read more like this on Broadcast Beauty: